To complete the Aliyah process from within Israel, all US and UK applicants over the age of 14 are required by the Ministry of Interior to present a police background check with an apostille from their countries of origin. A background check is required from all countries they lived more than a year in, regardless of their citizenship status in that country.
- US applicants can apply for an FBI background check through Nefesh B’Nefesh, including fingerprinting and apostille.
This service is offered for a fee of 700 NIS to cover the cost.
- UK applicants can apply for these documents online.
ACRO background check
- Canadian applicants are required to submit a criminal background check from Canada with an Israeli consular stamp.
- Someone who has not lived outside of Israel over the age of 14 must bring proof of this (passports, school records, etc.) and may also sign a lawyer’s declaration.
- Please submit a copy of the background check with apostille or the lawyer declaration for your application process, and bring the original to your Aliyah meeting.
For all inquiries in this matter, please call 02-659-5820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org