The Go South program is an ambitious initiative offering enhanced services and financial benefits to North American and British Olim interested in moving to Israel’s Southern communities.
GO SOUTH BENEFITS.
- Enhanced Financial Grants
- Ongoing local support
- Employment Counseling
- Pilot Trip guidance
- Social networking
Go South offers special financial assistance to Olim making Aliyah to Southern Israel. Grants are based on financial need as well as the Oleh’s Aliyah plan. These monies are intended to help ease the financial burden of Aliyah. Restrictions apply*.
GO SOUTH EMPLOYMENT
The South offers employment opportunities in a wide variety of fields, including scientific research, academia, education, high-tech and non-profit, as well as in the medical and paramedical professions. The region is also ripe for entrepreneurship, and there are resources available to assist those who are interested in opening a business in the area. In addition, the upgrading of the railway system and the building of the Route 6 highway, allow those who work in the center of Israel to easily commute to their homes in the northern Negev…..continue reading
GO SOUTH PILOT TRIP
We strongly believe that a Pilot Trip is one of the most critical tools for planning a successful Aliyah. As such, a Pilot Trip to the South is strongly recommended as part of your Aliyah research. In order to maximize the trip, you should discuss your Pilot Trip dates and itinerary details with Go South staff members and schedule a meeting with them in advance. There are financial subsidies available for individuals visiting communities in the south during a pilot trip.
Eligibility for Financial Assistance*
- Applicants for financial assistance must be residents of either the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom.
- Financial assistance is awarded to individuals or families based on financial need. If you feel that you have financial need, we encourage you to apply for our financial assistance. If you are unsure as to whether or not you qualify for financial assistance, please feel free to contact the Go South Director, Donna Horwitz, via email (DHorwitz@nbn.org.il) before submitting the affidavit.
- Applicants must NOT have made Aliyah previously.
- Grants will only be awarded to applicants who have been approved for Aliyah by the Jewish Agency.
- An in-person or Skype meeting with Go South staff is a pre-requisite to completing the Go South application.
- We strongly believe that a Pilot Trip is one of the most critical tools for planning a successful Aliyah. As such, a Pilot Trip to the South is strongly recommended as part of your Aliyah research.
In addition to the above benefits provided by Nefesh B’Nefesh, the government of the State of Israel has various benefits and grants available to Israeli citizens who move to the “periphery.” However, these benefits are subject to change and bureaucracy. They also vary based on one’s specific location in the Southern region. Please consult the information found (in Hebrew) through the Ministry of Negev and Galil Development: