An individual who is entitled to health coverage (see Healthcare Overview) and, prior to registering with a Kupat Cholim, requires medical care, will need to pay for the treatment independently. You may request reimbursement from Misrad Habriut (Ministry of Health) by submitting the required documents to:
הועדה לאישור החזרים כספיים, באמצעות נציבות הקבילות, משרד הבריאות, רח’ ירמיהו 39, ירושלים
- Reimbursement Request Form
- Copy of Teudat Oleh/Zakaut or Teudat Toshav Chozer
- All receipts and/or commitments of payment (if there are multiple requests, the individual receipts should be submitted in separate envelopes)
- All discharge letters and any other documentation that indicates the medical treatment that was provided
- A detailed list of all medical services received, locations, dates and costs
It is very important to keep in mind that this is a lengthy process that can take several months before you receive an answer.