Disclaimer: All the information here is subject to change. For updated and more detailed information, please see the Student Authority website.
Amount of assistance:
Tuition grants to cover the standard number of years per degree:
- B.A. or B.Sc. = 3 year and 4 year programs
- B.Ed. or BSc in engineering or nursing = 4 years
- Architecture = 5 years
- Medicine= 6 years
- M.A. or M.Sc. = 2 years.
* It can be up to 3 years if a year of supplementary courses is necessary
- Mechinat Olim
- Assistance for Mechinat Olim is given in addition to assistance for regular studies. Mechinat Olim is funded for students obligated by the university to do the Mechinat Olim. In order to check your eligibility for funding, contact the Student Authority.
The Student Authority pays UP TO standard state tuition fees:
- Undergraduate = approximately 10,391 NIS per year
- Graduate = approximately 14,042 NIS per year
- University Preparatory Program (Mechinat Olim) = approximately 17,800 NIS per year
Universities – The Student Authority reimburses students directly after they have submitted proof of payment and other relevant forms to the Student Authority.
Colleges – Student Authority pays the college directly after the student has been approved for tuition assistance.
Mechina Programs – Student Authority pays the university directly after the student has been approved for tuition assistance.
One Year Masters Programs – An Oleh studying in a one-year MA program is eligible for up to 200% in funding (even though they fund 14,042 NIS per year, one-year MA students are entitled to approximately 28,084 NIS).
Hebrew Language Studies – The Student Authority will fund up to 3,400 NIS for required language studies (Hebrew or English).
You must present a certificate of completion of Hebrew Ulpan even if you will be studying in English, in order to be eligible for the Student Authority assistance.
For all colleges and universities, deposits will be paid by the individual and then reimbursed by the Student Authority. The reimbursement will not include the registration fee and security fees.
Please note: English language programs are not necessarily fully covered by the Student Authority. Tuition ranges from $6,000-$25,000. Click here for a complete list of higher education institutions that are recognized by the Student Authority.
The Student Authority does NOT fund:
- Dormitories or living expenses
- Repeating an undergraduate degree – with exception of studying law, nursing, occupational therapy and physical therapy.
- Registration fees, psychometric and other entrance exams, social services, health insurance, campus security etc.
- University or College registration fee
- Security fees