In addition to the subsidy that Olim receive from Minhal Hastudentim (The Student Authority), students can apply for a scholarship from various foundations and organizations. Each scholarship program has different eligibility criteria.

Students can also apply for student loans with low interest rates and deferred payment plans through most Israeli banks as well as through the universities.

The best way to start your search for a scholarship is to visit the website of your chosen college or university. Look under the heading “Milgot.” In addition, you can use the sites below to find out about scholarships which are not specific to a particular institution.

Note: All the information is in Hebrew.

If you are receiving Student Authority benefits and you are classified as a single parent by Bituach Leumi (National Insurance Institute), you may be eligible for a living allowance of 600 NIS per month for a period of 9 months (you will not be entitled to the sums listed above for the regular living allowance). Please refer to your Misrad Haklita counselor for more information.



American Financial Aid Search Engines for Overseas Studies

How can we help your Aliyah?