Nefesh B’Nefesh provides need-based financial aid to eligible Aliyah candidates following submission of a detailed financial affidavit. All financial aid is vested after a three year period. Any Aliyah candidate who emigrates from Israel within the designated three year period is obligated to return the financial aid to Nefesh B’Nefesh.
Financial aid is awarded to individuals or families based on financial need, adequacy of Aliyah preparation, and likelihood of success. Applicants who are assessed to have sufficient funds for Aliyah, or who lack a viable Aliyah plan, will not be awarded financial aid. If you are unsure whether or not you have sufficient funds to be considered ineligible for financial aid, please email us at email@example.com before starting the application process.
The amount of financial aid available can vary from year to year.
- Applicants for financial aid must be citizens of the United States, Canada or the UK (and must currently reside in the United States, Canada or the UK).
- Individuals who are residing in Israel on tourist, A-1, or student visas may be eligible for limited financial aid, provided they have not been in Israel for a period exceeding 18 months.
- Applicants will be approved for financial aid only after being approved for Aliyah by The Jewish Agency for Israel.
- Both singles and families are eligible for financial aid.
- Applicant must have had prior experience in Israel (preferably a pilot trip within two
years of Aliyah).
All information provided to NBN will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Applying for Nefesh B’Nefesh
To start the application process, please click here.
Applications must be received and approved prior to making Aliyah in order to be eligible for assistance. Financial aid is awarded for the calendar year in which you originally apply to make Aliyah, and does not carry over into subsequent calendar years.
Please note that financial aid provided by Nefesh B’Nefesh is in addition to (NOT instead of) the Sal Klita (absorption basket) and other Aliyah benefits that are awarded to every new Oleh as a gift from the Israeli government. For a full listing of benefits provided by the Israeli government, click here.
If you have any questions about our application process, please call our toll-free line at 1-866-4-ALIYAH.