Misrad Haklita will now be giving vouchers for the cost of learning Hebrew in private Ulpanim.
This is relevant for those with Oleh, Katin Chozer and Ezrach Oleh status.
Who is Eligible?
- An Oleh who is 18+ on the day he applies for the voucher
- An Oleh who completed a subsidized Ulpan is eligible for this program as well.
What will I receive?
- The limit of the voucher is 7,500 NIS or the actual price of the course. The hours of the course must be as follows:
- Up to 4 students in a group, with a minimum of 150 study hours
- Up to 6 students in a group, with a minimum of 200 study hours
- Up to 8 students in a group, with a minimum of 250 study hours
- You may be eligible to receive reimbursement of travel expenses to the Ulpan
What is the Application Process?
- To apply, you will need to visit your local branch of Misrad Haklita
- An advisor will check your eligibility, and make sure the Ulpan you’re requesting is on an approved list
- Your request will be transferred to a regional coordinator for approval
What is the Payment Plan?
You will receive 40% of the cost of tuition upon the beginning of the course, and after submitting a receipt of full payment.
You will receive 30% of the cost after half of the duration of the course, and after presenting attendance sheets.
You will receive the final 30% of the cost upon the completion of the course, based on a certificate indicating participation in a test by Misrad Hachinuch, and 80% attendance.
Which Private Ulpanim are approved by Misrad Haklita?
You can find the full list of private Ulpanim that are approved by Misrad Haklita by clicking here.
All of the above is dependent on available budgets.
Last updated on February 7, 2023