Here you will find a sample budget for a family planning their retirement in Israel. This resource allows you to approximate your monthly expenses during your first year of Aliyah.
- All sums are in US Dollars.
- All furniture, appliances and clothing are shipped from North America.
- Upon arrival, you will be renting your residence.
- Car expenses include, fuel, insurance, registration and maintenance, but not cost of purchase.
- Family Size- 2 adults (but costs will not be cut in half for a single)
|Monthly Expenses (approx.)||Per Month|
|Note that a retirement home will cost considerably more and require maintenance|
|Transportation – Car||$500-$650|
|Public transportation will cost approx: $200|
|There is a variety of upgraded health plans and private policies. |
Availability and costs of medications and treatments should be carefully investigated.
|Other Insurance/Medical expenses||$200-$300|
|includes life, home, property, as well as dental and optical care|
|includes cable, occasional movie, restaurant, vacation|
|Municipal Taxes (Arnona)||$10-$100|
|Representing 90% discount for first year.|
|Total Estimated Monthly Expenses||$2,310 – $4,500|
For more information on balancing your family’s lifestyle on an Israeli budget, see Baruch Labinsky’s online Financial Planning Seminar.