Application for Nefesh B’Nefesh Assistance and The Jewish Agency for Israel
Nefesh B’Nefesh is dedicated to facilitating and encouraging Aliyah from North America and the UK by offering holistic support and guidance throughout the Aliyah process, including employment, absorption, and financial aid for individuals making Aliyah. The Jewish Agency for Israel determines Aliyah approval based on Israel’s Law of Return.
The NBN Aliyah application allows you to apply simultaneously for both Nefesh B’Nefesh assistance and The Jewish Agency for Israel Aliyah approval. The guidance and support offered by Nefesh B’Nefesh are in addition to the basket of benefits offered to new Olim by the State of Israel.
The online application is interactive and offers live chat support during work hours. All documents (birth certificates, passports, etc.) can be scanned and attached to the relevant sections of the application. Each Aliyah applicant will receive a password, which will enable him or her to log on to a personal web page and check the status of the application. On this page you can review any components that are still missing in your file as well as upload documents to your application. For those who prefer to submit a written application, a PDF application is available for download.
An interview will be required, as well as presentation of original documents. Additional document certification may also be requested in certain cases. A Jewish Agency for Israel Aliyah Shaliach may be present at Nefesh B’Nefesh One-on-One meetings in North America. If you are making Aliyah with children, please note that it is not necessary to bring your children to your meeting with the Aliyah Shaliach. If you have not yet opened an Aliyah file with the Jewish Agency, please complete the online application in its entirety. If you have already opened an Aliyah file with a Jewish Agency for Israel Aliyah Shaliach, please complete the Aliyah approval process with your Shaliach; and submit a separate application to Nefesh B’Nefesh for Aliyah assistance.
Application Questions? Call our toll free number 1-866-4-ALIYAH
To Apply to the Go South Program, please click below,
Once you get towards the end of the application,
under the Aliyah & Family Overview Section,
the first page is called Aliyah Planning.
That is where you will find the Go South questions .
for individuals who have already completed an NBN Aliyah Application
and now wish to be considered for the Go South Program.
for the Go South application addendum.
Eligibility for Financial Assistance*
- Applicants for financial assistance must be residents of either the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom.
- Financial assistance is awarded to individuals or families based on financial need. If you feel that you have a financial need, we encourage you to apply for our financial assistance. If you are unsure as to whether or not you qualify for financial assistance, please feel free to contact the Go South Director, Donna Horwitz, via email (DHorwitz@nbn.org.il) before submitting the affidavit.
- Applicants must NOT have made Aliyah previously.
- Grants will only be awarded to applicants who have been approved for Aliyah by the Jewish Agency.
- An in-person or Skype meeting with Go South staff is a pre-requisite to completing the Go South application.
- We strongly believe that a Pilot Trip is one of the most critical tools for planning a successful Aliyah. As such, a Pilot Trip to the South is strongly recommended as part of your Aliyah research.
For assistance with your application, please contact Moshe Heilman at firstname.lastname@example.org.