The Nefesh B'Nefesh Physician Aliyah Program for physicians moving to the North and South of Israel
Israel is experiencing a serious shortage of doctors in the next few years. The projected population increase in Israel coupled with the noticeable trend of physicians leaving the medical profession will reduce the current ratio of 3.5 physicians for every 1,000 individuals, to less than 2.5.
In order to be eligible, physicians must:
- Have U.S., Canadian or U.K. citizenship
- Practice at least six months a year in Israel
- Live in the North or South of Israel
Doctors who participate in this program can benefit from:
1. Financial assistance provided in the form of an initial grant upon arrival in Israel
2. Assistance with licensing
3. Assistance with job placement
If you are eligible for the Physician Aliyah fellowship and interested in applying, please complete the standard NBN/The Jewish Agency for Israel online application as well as the addendum.
*The North includes the following: Upper and Lower Galilee, Golan Heights, Jezreel Valley and Upper Jordan Valley.
**The South includes the following: Meitar, Sderot, Beersheva, Dimona, Yerucham, Mitzpe Rimon, Ofakim, Omer, Netivot, Eilat, Kibbutz Lotan, Revivim, Retamim and Moshavei Sadeh.