Aliyah Flight: Options & Schedule
Aliyah Flight Options
GROUP ALIYAH FLIGHTS – MONTHLY
A block of seats is reserved for Olim on a commercial EL AL flight.
- Group flights depart from Newark Airport monthly unless otherwise noted. If demand is high enough a group flight will be offered from Los Angeles and/or Toronto in the summer.
- Olim are entitled to 3 free suitcases per passenger from the EL AL hub to Israel, except for infants assigned a bassinet. The maximum weight per suitcase is 50 lbs./23 kilos
- NBN Staff accompanies you through the entire process, starting from arrival at the departure airport until you leave Ben Gurion Airport
- Misrad Hapnim processing for the issuing of Teudot Zehut takes place at the departure airport and Teudot Oleh are printed by Misrad Haklita before landing in Israel.
- For those eligible to receive, Teudot Oleh & Teudot Zehut are distributed at Misrad Haklita in the airport. Teudot Zehut not issued at the airport will be available for pickup at Nefesh B’Nefesh’s Jerusalem office or can be mailed.
- There is no official ceremony. Often groups will come to greet you as you depart the baggage claim to wish you Mazal Tov on your Aliyah.
CHARTER ALIYAH FLIGHTS – SUMMER
Specially commissioned EL AL Aliyah flights where all passengers are making Aliyah.
- Charters depart from JFK Airport in N.Y.
- Two charter flights a year, one in July and one in August.
- Olim are entitled to 2 free suitcases per passenger from the EL AL hub to Israel, including infants. The maximum weight per suitcase is 70 lbs./32 kilos.
- NBN Staff accompanies you through the entire process; from the time of arrival at JFK until you leave Ben Gurion Airport.
- Misrad Hapnim processing for the issuing of Teudot Zehut takes place at JFK Airport and Teudot Oleh are printed by Misrad Haklita before landing in Israel.
- Each flight arrival is followed by an official festive welcome ceremony at Ben Gurion Airport, attended by dignitaries and hundreds of guests. Family and friends must register to attend.
- For those eligible to receive, Teudot Oleh are distributed at Misrad Haklita in the Airport and Teudot Zehut are handed out at the Teudat Zehut Distribution/Aliyah fair in Jerusalem. If you cannot attend, your Teudat Zehut can be mailed to you or picked up at our office in Jerusalem.
DESIGNATED ALIYAH FLIGHTS – REGULARLY THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
- Departing from all EL AL North American hubs, Aliyah class seats are available on select flights throughout the year. Once you have completed the requirements to book your flight, the Nefesh Flight Team, will work with you to book a designated flight on one of the available dates that best suits your time frame.
- For those who are eligible to receive, Teudot Oleh & Teudot Zehut are issued at Ben Gurion Airport in the Misrad Haklita office if you have all your original documents. Olim who do not get their Teudot Zehut at the airport will need to go to their local branch of Misrad Hapnim
- There is no welcome ceremony. Family and friends can greet you in the Terminal 3 arrivals hall after you have been processed at Misrad Haklita.
In order to assist Olim on the final leg of their journey home, Nefesh B’Nefesh and the Jewish Agency for Israel offer the amazing benefit of a free direct Aliyah flight from one of EL AL’s North American Hubs (JFK, Newark, Boston Logan, Los Angeles – LAX, Toronto Pearson). Our specialty flights, Charters and Groups, provide Olim with additional support from the NBN staff, who accompany them from the point of departure through arrival in Israel and work with government agencies in advance to ensure the smoothest processing upon arrival. There is also the option to fly on a Designated Aliyah flight, which are offered more frequently, and be processed upon arrival by Misrad Haklita representatives upon arrival. For more information about these flight options see below.
- Free Aliyah flights are only available to Olim awarded the Aliyah flight benefit by the Jewish Agency. Please contact your Jewish Agency Shaliach for details.
- Aliyah flights must be booked through Nefesh B’Nefesh’s Aliyah flight team who can be reached at 201-366-1111 or email@example.com
- Nefesh B’Nefesh does not reimburse Olim who purchase their own tickets.
- Seats are limited, as soon as you receive Jewish Agency approval for Aliyah and the Aliyah flight benefit contact the Nefesh B’Nefesh Flight team
Nefesh B’Nefesh does not arrange Aliyah flights for Olim from the UK. Please contact your Jewish Agency Shaliach in the UK to discuss your flight options and to book your flight.
2017 Group and Charter Flight Schedule
|Wednesday, April 26, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Tuesday, May 23, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Tuesday, June 13, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Monday, July 3, 2017||Charter||JFK|
|Tuesday, July 18, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Wednesday, July 19, 2017||Group||Toronto|
|Monday, August 7, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Tuesday, August 8, 2017||Group||Los Angeles|
|Monday, August 14, 2017||Charter||JFK|
|Wednesday, August 16, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Tuesday, August 22, 2017||Group||Newark|
|Tuesday, August 29, 2017||Group||JFK|
|Tuesday, September 12, 2017||Group||Newark|